Early Childhood Grant
In 2014, SCECA combined the Center Materials Grants and Teacher Grants into new SCECA Early Childhood Grants. In 2018, the Executive Board approved funding for SIX $1000 grants. These grants will be awarded at the SCECA Conference.
Deadline is October 25th. All applications must be received by Becky Wardlaw, SCECA Executive Director, 1133 Camellia Drive N., Surfside Beach, SC 29575. All applications that are received after October 25th will not be considered.
Who is eligible? All members of SCECA are eligible to apply for the Early Childhood Grant. A person can apply individually or collectively for a center or classroom. Where you work or what your job is will not affect who can apply. All applicants will be considered equally. A member can only be awarded the grant once in a 5 year period.
No member of the SCECA Board of Directors is eligible to apply for the Early Childhood Grant.
The application will consist of three parts:
- The information page: This page will be the only one with your personal information on it. The Awards Committee will not include it when the applications are sent for the blind reading.
- If applying individually please include your personal home address, phone number and email address so that the committee chairperson can notify you after the grant winners are decided.
- If applying on behalf of your center or classroom, please include the center or school address. Your immediate supervisor (director or principal) must have knowledge of the application and sign on the line provided.
- The order page: This is the section where you do the research and give us your order. You must list what you plan to order if you are chosen for the grant, the company to order from and the expected cost of your order. Please be sure to include 7 % tax and shipping. There is no restriction in what can be ordered as part of the grant. The only limitation is the amount cannot exceed $1000. If your order exceeds the $1000 limit, you will be responsible for the overage amount and the difference must be paid before the order is completed.
- The narrative page: This is your chance to let the readers understand why you are applying, what you are applying for and how you plan to use what you order. This section should not exceed one page typed.
Please send one copy of the personal information page, one copy of the order page(s) and three copies of the narrative. Mail to Becky Wardlaw, 1133 Camellia Drive N., Surfside Beach, SC 29575. Must be received by October 25th.
All applicants will be notified by December 1st either by phone call or email of the results. Six applicants will be awarded $1000 grants. You must attend the annual conference to be recognized and attend the special session for grant winners on Saturday during the annual conference. The Executive Director will conduct a 1 hour session on Saturday to finalize the ordering process prior to placing the orders. SCECA hopes that the orders will be delivered within a few weeks of the close of the conference.
Any questions can be directed to Becky Wardlaw, SCECA Executive Director at [email protected] or by calling 803-960-0323.
Early Childhood Grant*
The Executive Board approved funding for SIX $1000 grants. These grants will be awarded at the SCECA Conference. All members of SCECA are eligible to apply for the Early Childhood Grant. A person can apply individually or collectively for a center or classroom. Where you work or what your job is will not affect who can apply. All applicants will be considered equally. The recipient must be a current member of SCECA to receive the award and must be present at the conference and attend a Grants Workshop on Saturday. A recipient can only win this award once every 5 years.