Student Group Start up Grant
Purpose of the Grant:
The SCECA Student Group Start Up Grant is open to Early Childhood Advisors who want to establish a professional membership group affiliated with the South Carolina Early Childhood Association on their high school or two/four year college/university campus. SCECA’s Student Group Chairperson will assist the Student Advisor with the steps to establish a new group and supply a SCECA Student Group Constitution.
- The high school or college affiliate who will be the Student Group Advisor must be a current member of SCECA and teach at a high school or college/university in SC.
- The grant is for a new student group organization. If a group had a SCECA affiliated student group and it has been inactive for a period of at least three years, the Student Group Advisor may apply for the grant to activate the student group again.
- The Student Advisor submits the grant application.
- The Student Advisor further agrees to write an article for the SCOPE newsletter about how the grant was helpful in starting the student group from your school to encourage other high school or colleges/universities to consider starting a student group.
This grant in the amount of $250.00 can be used to facilitate the organization of a student group on a high school or college/university campus in SC. The grant money may be used as follows:
- Up to $100 can be used to pay for the officers’ membership in SCECA.
- The balance of the grant money may be used to for programs, speakers, or to send officers to the SCECA Conference.
The following information must be submitted along with this application:
- Completed application form by the Student Advisor
- Description of proposal (no more than one page stating the goals and/or plans for the establishment of an active Student Group)
The deadline for submitting the form will be October 25. The grant will be a check to the Student Group in the amount of $250.
Applications must be received no later than Oct. 25th for the Conference Awards.
Mail to Becky Wardlaw, 1782 Platt Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29575.
Student Group Start-up Grant
The SCECA Student Group Start-Up Grant is open to Early Childhood Advisors who want to establish a professional membership group affiliated with the South Carolina Early Childhood Association on their high school or two/four year college/university campus.