SCECA will post job opportunities for early childhood positions until the job is filled.
The Goddard School
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Full and Part-time workers needed
We welcome you to a family-owned and operated childcare center where we pride ourselves on providing the best possible care and education to our students. We are looking for motivated, caring, and experienced individuals to join our fast-paced but fun team.
A teacher must meet the qualifications of his/her state and the following qualifications:
• the ability to understand and support the education program using “learning through play” philosophy;
• the ability to interact closely with children at their level;
• the ability to keep children within sight and sound supervision at all times;
• the ability to change children’s diapers and/or assist in toileting (where necessary);
• the ability to understand and comply with the franchisee’s employment policies;
• the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with school personnel, children and parents;
• the ability to handle crisis situations, including assisting in evacuating the building during emergencies; and
• the ability to comply in all respects with all applicable laws and regulations relating to childcare.
An offer of employment may be made contingent on the following:
• A current physical examination by a physician, including a current tuberculin test
• An approved criminal record check as required by state regulations.
A teacher’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Establish and maintain a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment
• Advance children’s physical and intellectual competence
• Support each child’s social and emotional development and provide positive guidance
• Establish positive and effective family relations
• Ensure an effective program, responsive to children’s needs
• Maintain professional commitment
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Holidays
• SIMPLE IRA (Retirement Program with Company Matching)
• Paid Professional Development
• Insurance (Health, Dental, and Vision) with employer contribution
• Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Life, Short-Term Disability, etc.)
Nate Smith if interested in interviewing with the Goddard Schools
Andrew N. Smith | Carrie B. Smith | Nathan P. Smith
Owners & Operators
EMAIL: [email protected]
1151 Muhlenbergia Drive
Mount Pleasant, SC 29466
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Child Development Center Director
Thornwell is seeking a Director for the Child Development Center. The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, have at least one year’s experience in administration, and knowledge of South Carolina First Steps 4K and Head Start Performance Standards. The ideal candidate possesses strong knowledge and implementation ability of SC DSS Child Care licensing regulations and ABC Quality standards. The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership, communication and organizational skills and the ability to build strong relationships with children, teachers, staff, and families.
Thornwell offers a highly competitive salary and good benefits. Benefits include health, vision, dental, and life insurance and a 403(b) retirement plan. Employer contributions to the 403)b) begin after twelve months of service. Twelve paid holidays and a personal day.
The Thornwell Child Development Center consists of
- Six Early Head Start Classrooms. Children in these classrooms are grouped by ages eight weeks to three years old. Two lead teachers are in each room and each teacher serves four children. This segment of our center operates as an Early Head Start Child Care Partnership with the South Carolina Association of Community Action Partnerships.
- One 3K classroom with a lead teacher and an assistant. Sixteen children are served in this classroom with priority placement being given to children aging out of Early Head Start.
- Three 4K Classrooms with 20 students in each room. Each room has a lead teacher and an assistant. This segment of our center operates in partnership with South Carolina First Steps 4K.
- Five part-time floaters are employed to provide lunch breaks and other needed breaks for the teachers as well as cover when teachers are absent
- The center is supported by a full-time administrative assistant, a full-time Family Advocate, and a part-time custodian.
- Since the center is a part of Thornwell’s ministry, Information Technology support, building maintenance, and grounds upkeep are provided by Thornwell.
For more information, visit our website.
Send Resumes to Norman Dover, Vice President for Educational Services, at
302 South Broad Street
Clinton, SC 29325