Purpose of scholarship: The SCECA Education Scholarship is open to a deserving current member of SCECA. Scholarship applicant must be an individual who provides for the welfare and education of young children in South Carolina.
NOTE: Any current member of the SCECA Board of Directors is not eligible for this award.
Eligibility: intended for an undergraduate seeking either: an Associate Degree, CDA, Child Development Diploma, ABC Credentials, or Bachelor’s Degree.
Criteria: The SCECA Education Scholarship, in the amount of $500.00, can be used to aid in registration, tuition or purchasing of books and/or materials for coursework. The recipient will be notified of the award and a check will be sent to the college or university that the recipient is attending. The account can be used after the conference has ended.
The following information must be provided for consideration of the scholarship:
- Completed application form.
- Proof of enrollment in an accredited college, university, of technical school. (10 points)
- Proof of membership in SCECA or SECA (Current membership card) (10 points)
- Recommendation from an Administrator, immediate supervisor or college professor (See attached form). (20 points)
- Address and contact person of institution currently enrolled or flyer or brochure of the conference you plan to attend. (10 points)
- Statement of goals and/or reasons for pursuing this level of education (limit this response to one page). (50 points)
Deadline: Submit all pertinent information and the application by October 25th for awarding at the January Conference.
This form must be filled out on paper and submitted by mail to the Executive Director. Make a copy of the form and send all applications to Executive Director, Becky Wardlaw, 1782 Platt Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29575.
The SCECA Education Scholarship is open to a deserving current member of SCECA. Scholarship applicant must be an individual who provides for the welfare and education of young children in South Carolina.