Purpose of scholarship: The SCECA Educational Scholarship is open to a deserving current member of SCECA. Scholarship applicant must be an individual who provides for the welfare and education of young children in South Carolina.
NOTE: Any current member of the SCECA Board of Directors is not eligible for this award.
Eligibility: intended for an undergraduate seeking either: an Associate Degree, CDA, Child Development Diploma, ABC Credentials, or Bachelor’s Degree.
Criteria: The SCECA Education Scholarship, in the amount of $500.00, will be given in your name at the college or university that you attend and can be used to aid in tuition or purchasing of books and/or supplies for coursework.
The following information must be provided for consideration of the scholarship:
- Completed application form.
- Proof of enrollment in an accredited college, university, of technical school. (10 points)
- Proof of membership in SCECA or SECA (Current membership card) (10 points)
- Recommendation from an Administrator, immediate supervisor or college professor on school letterhead. (20 points)
- Address and contact person of institution currently enrolled. (10 points)
- Statement of goals and/or reasons for pursuing this level of education (limit this response to one page). (50 points)
Applications must be received no later than Oct. 25th for the Conference Awards.
Mail to Becky Wardlaw, 1133 Camellia Drive N., Surfside Beach, SC 29575.
Or you can send via email to Becky at email@example.com
The SCECA Education Scholarship is open to a deserving current member of SCECA. Scholarship applicant must be an individual who provides for the welfare and education of young children in South Carolina.