2022 SCECA-SECA REGIONAL CONFERENCE
Big Learning, Bigger Fun!
Building a Foundation for the Future
Feb 3-5, 2022
2022 SCECA-SECA Regional Conference
Dona Pitts, Conference Chair
Judy Whitesell, Meeting Planner
Becky Wardlaw, Executive Director
Katie Nichols, President of SCECA
Jim Lane, Past President of SCECA
Plans for the first regional conference with SCECA and SECA are being made. Our goal is to make sure the conference meets the professional development needs of the early care providers and early childhood teachers in South Carolina and all of the southeastern states. This conference will be a HYBRID CONFERENCE. That means some of you will attend in person and some of you will attend virtually. You will have to decide if you want to participate virtually or face to face. You cannot do both. If you have any questions, please contact Becky Wardlaw at [email protected] or 803-960-0323.
2022 Conference Chair
Keynote Speakers are: Crystal Campbell on Thursday night, Feb. 3
Dr. Rebecca Isbell on Friday, Feb. 4
Christian Moore on Saturday, Feb. 5
For South Carolina or SCECA Members and attendees:
SC Endeavors Student ID#
The SC Endeavors Registry is the agency that documents the DSS credit hours you earn during the year. The new system was used during the 2021 SCECA Virtual Conference for the first time. If you attended the 2021 SCECA Virtual Conference, you have a SC Endeavors ID #. Each person has their own unique number. If you do NOT have a State Registry ID#, you must go to the SC Endeavors website and create an account to be assigned a State Registry ID#. This number is very important and you will need it to register for the conference and for each session you attend. Go to www.SCEndeavors.org and click on “Registry Login” to create an account or login to locate your State Registry ID#.
Changes: New Requirements to receive DSS credit
Because the conference will include live face-to-face sessions and virtual live sessions, we want you to be prepared for how you will enter the conference and how you will get your credits.
- You can watch the conference from the convenience of your home or school/center. You can use any of these electronic devices: Smart phone (not a flip phone), iPad or tablet, laptop, a desktop computer or on a Smart TV. Centers/programs are not able to use one device, share a monitor, phone, etc. Each person must have their own device. All must have a good, stable internet connection. You will receive an email prior to the start of the conference to join the Zoom conference. On the day of the conference, you go to that email and click on that link to open the conference.
- We are using a digital conference app called SCHED. The conference program will be posted on this app. We will send the link to the app in January. You will see a Conference schedule for each hour. It will include the session title, the presenter, and the DSS code. You can click on the title and a drop down box will appear with the session’s description to help you decide if this is the session you want to attend. All sessions are color-coded by the DSS codes for the sessions.
- CU - Curriculum
- HS - Health & Safety
- GR - Growth & Development
- NU - Nutrition
- PD - Professional Development
- CG - Child Guidance
- PA - Program Administration
- SN - Special Needs
- Once you have entered the conference through the link we will provide to you the week before the conference, you will pick the session you want to attend by clicking on the title link. The computer program will track your attendance and your participation when you complete the Google form provided in each session. You must be in the session 50 minutes to receive credit for the session. The session presenter will begin the session at the appointed time.
- You need to be prepared during each presentation for the presenter to ask you to participate in an activity. It may be a short quiz, a survey, a group discussion, a poll, write an answer to a question, etc. You can also write a question in the Chat Box and the session monitor will relay your question to the presenter. This is a new requirement for SC Endeavors for you to receive credit for a virtual session.
- It is your choice to attend as many sessions as you like. They are scheduled for one hour with a 20 minute break in between each session. We have also scheduled a short lunch break also. You can earn 8 hours on Friday and 7 hours on Saturday if you attend a session each hour. If ABCQ requires scholarship recipients to attend Keynote sessions and/or the We Are Family session, it is your responsibility to be on time and sign in to those sessions. The only session that is repeated during the conference is Blood Borne Pathogens.
- The SCECA Virtual Conference is live-streamed as it happens and will only be available at the times it is offered. There will be no recording and playback of sessions. We understand the constraints of being a student in a virtual classroom. It is happening in our schools all over the country. Use the same common sense approach our school age children have to use while viewing the virtual training.
- If your internet connection is weak and you lose your connection, please log back on as soon as possible so you can receive your credits. You must be logged into a session for 50 minutes to receive credit.
- At the conclusion of the conference, the Meeting Planner will enter your attendance and participation into the SC Endeavors’ system for you to receive your credit hours. Please be patient as this will be a huge undertaking and will take quite a while to accomplish. You can check SC Endeavors in mid-April for your credit hours. SCECA will mail a copy of the sessions you attended during the conference to your home address about two weeks after the conference.
FACE TO FACE ATTENDEES Changes:
Check back in October for this information.
Sheraton and Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
2101 N. Oak Street
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
BOOK YOUR ROOM BY JANUARY 10, 2022 to receive the conference discount rate ($132++ per night)