2023 SCECA ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Let's Celebrate Early Childhood - Come On!
Feb 2-4, 2023
2023 SCECA Annual Conference
Davida Price, Conference Chair
Judy Whitesell, Meeting Planner
Becky Wardlaw, Executive Director
Dona Pitts, President of SCECA
Katie Nichols, Past President of SCECA
Planning for the 68th annual SCECA Conference is almost complete. Our goal is to make sure the conference meets the professional development needs of the early care educators in South Carolina and to celebrate YOU. We are planning an IN PERSON event and will keep our fingers crossed that we can “see” everyone in February at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center in Myrtle Beach, SC.
Keep watching the Facebook page, the SCOPE Newsletter and the website for more information. SCECA members will receive their Preliminary Program by November 1, 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact Becky Wardlaw at [email protected] or 803-960-0323.
2023 Conference Chair
Keynote Speakers are:
Beth Green, The Music Lady, on Thursday night, Feb. 2
Dr. Akil Ross on Friday, Feb. 3
Morgan Lee on Saturday, Feb. 4
2023 Featured Speaker:
Jackie Kops on Feb. 2 and 3
For South Carolina or SCECA Members and attendees:
SC Endeavors Student ID#
The SC Endeavors Registry is the agency that documents the DSS credit hours you earn during the year. Each person has their own unique number. If you do NOT have a State Registry ID#, you must go to the SC Endeavors website and create an account to be assigned a State Registry ID#. This number is very important and you will need it to register for the conference and for each session you attend. Go to www.SCEndeavors.org and click on “Registry Login” to create an account or login to locate your State Registry ID#.
- We are using a digital conference app and you will use this app to document your attendance for each session. The conference program will be posted on this app. We will send the link to the app in January. You will see a Conference schedule for each hour. It will include the session title, the presenter, and the DSS code. You can click on the title and a drop down box will appear with the session’s description to help you decide if this is the session you want to attend. All sessions are color-coded by the DSS codes for the sessions.
- CU - Curriculum
- HS - Health & Safety
- GR - Growth & Development
- NU - Nutrition
- PD - Professional Development
- CG - Child Guidance
- PA - Program Administration
- SN - Special Needs
- The computer program will track your attendance and your participation when you complete the Google form provided in each session. You must be in the session 50 minutes to receive credit for the session. The session presenter will begin the session at the appointed time.
- It is your choice to attend as many sessions as you like. They are scheduled for one hour with a 20 minute break in between each session. There may be a few 2 hour sessions as well. We have scheduled a short lunch break or you can grab a lunch and go to the next session. You can earn 8 hours on Friday and 7 hours on Saturday if you attend a session each hour. The only session that is repeated during the conference is Blood Borne Pathogens.
- If your internet connection is weak and you lose your connection, please log back on as soon as possible so you can receive your credits. You must be logged into a session for 50 minutes to receive credit.
- At the conclusion of the conference, the Meeting Planner will enter your attendance and participation into the SC Endeavors’ system for you to receive your credit hours. Please be patient as this is a big undertaking and will take quite a while to accomplish. You can check SC Endeavors in mid-April for your credit hours. SCECA will email a certificate with the sessions you attended during the conference.
Sheraton and Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
2101 N. Oak Street
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
BOOK YOUR ROOM BY JANUARY 6, 2023 to receive the conference discount rate ($139+ per night)