2024 SCECA ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Compassionately Cultivating Purpose in Young Dreamers
Early Childhood Champions skillfully nurture and prepared children to pursue their Dreams!
Feb 1-3, 2024
Greenville Convention Center
2024 SCECA Annual Conference
Dr. Angelia Scott, Conference Chair
Judy Whitesell, Meeting Planner
Becky Wardlaw, Executive Director
Davida Price, President of SCECA
Dona Pitts, Past President of SCECA
The 2024 Conference Planning Committee has been designing a conference that meets your goals for certified credit hours and is fun and educational as well. This is conference will be IN PERSON at the Greenville Convention Center in Greenville, SC.
Registration will open up on November 1st for you to register either online at our website or through paper registration forms. You can pay with a credit card by registering online. If you are sending the paper form, you must include your check made out to SCECA. Be sure to check your membership expiration date on your mailing label to know whether to renew your membership when you register.
Keep watching our Facebook page, our website and the Preliminary program for news about the conference. If you have any questions, you can contact Becky Wardlaw at [email protected] or 803-960-0323.
2024 Conference Chair
Dr. Angelia Scott
Keynote Speakers are:
Stephen Fite, on Thursday night, Feb. 1
Vernon Mason, Jr. on Friday, Feb. 2
Dr. Demetrice Smith on Saturday, Feb. 3
2024 Featured Speaker:
Lester Laminack on Friday, Feb. 2 and at the Student Group Event on Saturday, Feb. 3
For South Carolina or SCECA Members and attendees:
SC Endeavors Number
The SC Endeavors Registry is the agency that documents the DSS credit hours you earn during the year. Each person has their own unique number. If you do NOT have a State Registry ID#, you must go to the SC Endeavors website and create an account to be assigned a State Registry ID#. This number is very important and you will need it to register for the conference and for each session you attend. Go to www.SCEndeavors.org and click on “Registry Login” to create an account or login to locate your State Registry ID#.
- We are using a digital conference app, SCHED, and you will use this app to document your attendance for each session. The conference program will be posted on this app. We will send the link to the app in January. You will see a Conference schedule for each hour. It will include the session title, the presenter, and the DSS code. You can click on the title and a drop down box will appear with the session’s description to help you decide if this is the session you want to attend. All sessions are color-coded by the DSS codes for the sessions.
- CU - Curriculum
- HS - Health & Safety
- GR - Growth & Development
- NU - Nutrition
- PD - Professional Development
- CG - Child Guidance
- PA - Program Administration
- SN - Special Needs
- The computer program will track your attendance and your participation when you complete the Google form provided in each session. If you attend one session each hour, you can earn 3 hours on Thursday night, 8 hours on Friday and 7 hours on Saturday. The only session that is repeated during the conference is Blood Borne Pathogens.
- If your internet connection is weak and you lose your connection, please log back in as soon as possible so you can receive your credits. You must be logged into a session for 50 minutes to receive credit. If you do not have a smart phone, you can ask to sign the roster sheet. The Room Monitors will have the sheets.
- At the conclusion of the conference, the SC Endeavor’s Liaison, Ashley Riddle, will enter your attendance and participation into the SC Endeavors’ system for you to receive your credit hours. Please be patient as this is a big undertaking and will take quite a while to accomplish. You can check SC Endeavors in mid-April for your credit hours. SCECA will email a certificate with the sessions you attended during the conference.
The Hilton Greenville is the host hotel for the conference. No hotels are attached to the convention center so you will need to drive 1 to 1/5 miles to get to the conference. There is FREE PARKING at the convention center. Be sure to reserve your room by January 6, 2024 to get the conference rate ($151/night).