SCECA Membership is open to persons concerned with the needs of children from birth through age eight. Membership dues are paid to the Executive Director. Membership forms are included in each edition of the SCOPE newsletter. Forms are also available from the Executive Director or on the Association website, https://sceca.org, for prospective new members.
The membership year will be comprised of 12 calendar months from the time of initial application for membership in the SCECA organization. The initial application date will serve as the anniversary date for the individual member and all member benefits will be accrued based upon that designated twelve month period.
Members need to know:
- Individual membership expiration date can be found on mailing labels.
- Personal address and email address should be included on membership forms.
- Applicants will be notified of membership with their membership card that identifies their membership expiration date.
- SCECA members must renew according to SCECA membership dates so there will be no break in membership privileges. SCECA will carry the member 60 days past their expiration date before dropping them from the rolls. SCECA and SECA expiration dates may not coincide.
Member benefits include:
- SCECA members have the following privileges for membership:
- To receive the state newsletter, SCECA SCOPE, via mail.
- To receive notices of SCECA conferences and meetings.
- To be eligible for grants and scholarships awarded at the conferences.
- To pay reduced registration fees for the annual state (SCECA) and regional (SECA) conferences.
- To attend the annual business meetings of SCECA and SECA.
- To cast a vote on important business of the associations.
- To be eligible for election to district, state, and regional offices.
- To submit proposals for presentations at the annual conferences.
The amount of dues is determined by the SCECA Board of Directors. The dues increased by $5.00 beginning in December, 2018. The dues schedule is as follows:
Full Members: $50.00 (includes Group/Center memberships)
College Students: $25.00 (must be enrolled for 6 hours per semester)
Dues paid to SCECA are distributed as follows:
- $2.50 Returned to District for Full Members
- $1.00 Returned to the District for Students
- $26.00 Prorate to SECA for full or group members
- $16 to SECA for student members
The amount of dues for all categories is determined by the SCECA Board of Directors and is subject to change.
SECA Affiliation Policy:
By joining SCECA, you are automatically joining the Southern Early Childhood Association, SECA. This is our regional affiliation and is located in Little Rock, AR. SECA is comprised of the 14 southeastern states.
Member benefits include:
- 3 issues of Dimensions of Early Childhood (February, July, and October)
- The SECA Reporter Blog
- Monthly informational emails containing timely, practical tips and printouts for early childhood professionals and parents
- Discounts on SECA Training, the annual conference, and professional publications and products
- The SECA Website and its many invaluable resources including pages devoted to parents, students, directors, curriculum tips, position statements, the SECA annual conference, and much more.
- The pride of being a member of an organization dedicated to promoting quality care and education for young children, their families, and the professionals who nurture them!
- A SECA membership is accepted by the Council for Professional Development to complete a CDA application or renewal.
Fill out the membership application and pay dues online, or download a paper form and mail in with your payment.